Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Java/J2EE Web Developer Looking for Job

Well, I'm now unemployed. Okay to be accurate I'll be unemployed Monday morning. I was working on a contract to hire gig and the contract ran out but the hire never materialized. What is the lesson learned from this? Don't depend on a contract to hire to pull through, always keep your options open. I got burned but learned.

I was really depending on getting hired on full time but now, I'm suffering jobless stress or whatever its called when you totally panic because you no longer have any income. My first reaction was to run out an cancel all of my extraneous expenses; cell phone, home phone, long distance, internet, gas, electricity, water, oxygen. Then my more level headed wife stepped in and calmed me down enough that I could think somewhat clearly. I did cancel my long distance but kept the phone and downgraded my cell phone service. That will help but it's not going to be enough. I will need to get another job, preferably in IT but if times get too tough I'll have to dust off my old server apron.

Don't get me wrong I don't believe any job is beneath me but I've upped my living standard a bit since I last was a server. I don't mind pulling it back but that still doesn't stop me from feeling a little anxious - strike that, a lot anxious.

This will probably end up being a great opportunity but right now the going is pretty rough. If anything its only hardened my resolve to pay off my debts quick, fast and in a hurry. Debt is a
serious weight that just drags you down to the depths.

So if anyone in Colorado is looking for a skilled Java/J2EE developer and you think I would be a good fit, I'm all yours.

Timothy Storm's Resume
Post your resume online!

No comments: